At Portable Toilets Limited,
we are committed to protecting personal information and we take our responsibilities regarding the security of customer information very seriously. This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect about you, how and why we use it, who we disclose it to and how we protect it.
Who is responsible for your data?
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that Portable Toilets collects and uses. Portable Toilets Limited controls the ways your personal data is collected and the purposes for which your data is used by the company. The company is the “data controller” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable European data protection legislation. The company is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number Z2708398.
Personal data we collect about you
When using the term “personal data” in our Privacy Notice, we mean information that relates to you, either directly or in combination with other information that we may hold. The information we collect is from you as information voluntarily provided to us.
Examples of the types of data we collect and the circumstances in which we may collect this data are given below:
- Full name;
- Postal address;
- Telephone number;
- Details of the reason for your contact should you contact us;
- If you make a request for a quotation or place an order for hire/supply of services:
- financial account information, such as debit/credit card details and other payment information;
- delivery information which may include your home or work address and telephone number;
- If you submit a job application to us:
- your employment history, qualifications, references and other relevant employment details you choose to submit to support your job application;
- any personal data such as your date of birth and national insurance number and any sensitive personal data which may be contained in your curriculum vitae and/or other documents provided with your job application.
- Information necessary for legal compliance;
Sharing your personal data
Portable Toilets Limited does not share your data with any other commercial organisation or public body, unless we have to do so either for legal or compliance reasons, or where it is more cost effective and efficient to use a third party to deliver a product or service on our behalf. We may need to pass on personal information if required by law or by a regulatory body. We sometimes employ third party providers to carry out tasks on our behalf. This can be due to operational or logistical reasons. The company operates a need to know basis in connection with sensitive personal data and does not disclose this data unless required by law so to do.
How and why we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to respond to, and deal with, a booking request or enquiry;
- to process and administer booking requests, hire requests or other orders of our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you by e-mail or phone to facilitate the above;
- to evaluate any job applications submitted to us and for the administration of the recruitment process;
- for the performance of any contract the company may have entered into;
- for compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation requires organisations to consider the legal basis on which they process personal data.
Portable Toilets Limited will process data in line with the following principles:
- Where it is necessary to fulfil a contract with you for example, the provision of a hire service.
- When it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- Where we have previously supplied you with goods or services, we may from time to time, telephone you or send you email communications containing marketing material highlighting goods and services which may be of interest to you.
- If you do not wish to receive such material you will have the option to unsubscribe from further such communications.
How long do we keep personal data?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as we consider it necessary to carry out each processing activity. We maintain data retention criteria to help us implement this. This takes account of our legal and accounting obligations, balancing this with what would be reasonable. We are required to keep details of financial transactions for seven years to meet accountancy and HMRC requirements. We will anonymise or delete personal data after a period of seven years.
Portable Toilets Limited supports the principle of fair and transparent processing of your personal information. We support your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, including the:
- right to be informed (chiefly by this policy),
- right of access
- right of rectification
- right of erasure
- right to restrict processing
- right to data portability
- right to object
- rights related to automated decision-making including profiling
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Company Secretary in writing, at Portable Toilets Limited, Unit 12, Abergarw Trading Estate, Bridgend, CF32 9LW.
Requesting access to your personal data
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data or have any questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at the address above.
Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee absolutely the security of any personal information you disclose online.
As described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, we may in some instances disclose your personal data to third parties. Where this is the case, we require the third party to have the appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data. The information that you provide to us will be held in our systems, which are located on our premises or those of an appointed third party, acting as our Data Processor. We may also allow access to your information to other third parties that act for us for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for other purposes approved by you.
All the data we hold is stored and processed within the European Economic Area.
Updates to our privacy notice
We may make changes to the Privacy Notice from time to time. We will update the Privacy Notice as and when required and we will publish any new version of the Privacy Notice on our website portabletoiletslimited.com/privacy-policy/
You can change your preferences on what you receive from us at any time. Let us know:
By calling us on 01656 721721 and speaking to our data manager.
By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By writing to: The Data Manager, Portable Toilets Limited, Unit 12, Abergarw Trading Estate, Bridgend, CF32 9LW